The Small Business Friendly Program
Being small business friendly means recognising and considering small businesses as an important customer, recipient, and supplier to your community, services and/or organisational activities.
The Small Business Friendly (SBF) Program provides the framework, support and tools required to help local governments, Queensland Government agencies and large enterprise to realise their role in supporting small businesses.
By bringing people together around a common goal, the program aims to enhance the operating environment for small businesses and provide the opportunities they need to thrive.
The program is driven by each member’s commitment to the simple, yet powerful SBF Program charter focused on improving how members transact, interact, and support small businesses across Queensland.
It is not a box-ticking exercise – it is designed to create tangible and practical improvements and outcomes that help members not only deliver on their commitments to Queensland small businesses while also helping them be more efficient and effective.
Small business friendly showcase
The following stories showcase the work SBF Program members have done to help small businesses.
How to be small business friendly
Being small business friendly means recognising and considering small businesses as an important customer and supplier to your community, as well as a recipient of your organisation’s services and activities.
While every organisation is different, it requires leadership and a whole of organisation effort to fulfill the SBF Program charter commitments. Being small business friendly is a cycle of continuous improvement.
Our simple Five-Step Approach to Being Small Business Friendly can help to get you started.
The five-Step approach to being small business friendly
The SBF Program Accelerator is a set of self-support tools and advice to help members put a simple, yet powerful strategy in place to help their organisation be more small business friendly.
Building on The Five-Step Approach to Being Small Business Friendly, the Accelerator gives members the next layer of actions, set within an overall strategy that members can communicate up, down, across and outside their organisation.
Working through the Accelerator help members create an annual Accelerator Action Plan. The Accelerator Action Plan helps bring ideas and actions into one place to get started or refresh the journey to being more small business friendly.
Create an Accelerator Action Plan in six simple steps:
- Read the Accelerator Guidebook
- Download the Accelerator Action Plan, Blindspot Assessment
- Work through each step of the guidebook
- Establish key milestone dates
- Share the plan with your leadership team
- Share your plan with your small business community and with the QSBC.
Using the Accelerator and executing an annual Accelerator Action Plan will help you be more small business friendly!
To obtain the suite of Accelerator templates and tools please contact [email protected]
Join the program
Joining the SBF Program will help you on your small business friendly journey by accelerating your improvements and working with others to share knowledge and experience to enhance the operating environment for small businesses across Queensland.
Members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- A framework and tools to support you to create a strategy and action plan to help you be more small business friendly
- Access to a facilitated community of like-minded organisations to discuss experiences, inform your own efforts, and provide support
- Regular forums to learn more about what others are doing, discuss ideas and what you can do to support small businesses
- Opportunities to showcase your activities that support small businesses, promote your efforts, and provide inspiration to others
- Use of the SBF Program logo to promote your commitment to small businesses and raise awareness of your involvement in the program
- Dedicated advice and support from the QSBC including statewide advocacy and small business assistance.
Download the Member Information Pack to learn more about SBF Program member requirements and benefits.